Following such a beautiful day yesterday, mother nature decided to make a switch on us and we woke up to cloudy skies, cooler temperatures and windier weather. As usual, I had to take Ms. Maggie Mae out for her morning walk, one which I was not looking forward to.
I bundled up and headed out on one of our many walking trails. Although it was cloudy and a light mist of rain had begun to fall, I began noticing bright green strips of grass and leaves poking their slim selves up through the dried out and dead ground cover of winter. As I began walking down toward the main pier, I came upon a large clump of yellow buds, a sure sign that Spring is coming. The small, fragile looking buds would soon be bursting with daffodils everywhere, a favorite of mine.
As we rounded yet another bend on the trail, I noticed small, purple buds all over the recently planted red-bud trees. They caught my attention because of the sparkling water beads that had formed around each one. Like thousands of stars in the night sky, they glistened and shined.
For several moments on this otherwise chilly and miserable walk, I was able to forget about the misty rain and 30-mile per hour winds that were stinging my cheekbones. I thought of Spring and back home where winter weather never lasts long enough to make a difference, much less remember. I thought about the smell of fresh cut grass, fields of daffodils and hot sunshine beaming down on our great southern towns. Yes, for a moment, I thought about home where I lived most of life and raised my boys. I smiled at the thoughts, then looked down at my precious little "girl", Maggie Mae. She adores me and our walks together, regardless of the weather. I was reminded that I AM home now, with her and my husband. But never fear, my former home is forever on my mind.
Sunday, March 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yyyaaayyy!!..looks like you got it!i am very proud..can't wait to see what interesting material this page will hold. Ohhh the suspense...
have fun with it!
Post a Comment