Saturday, March 29, 2008

Mississippi Bound!




March 29, 2008 - Yes, that's right! I am Mississippi bound come Monday, March 31st. I am so excited as I will be going to share in the celebration of my youngest son, Ross', 19th birthday on Tuesday, April 1st. He's my April Fool's baby and a complete joy at that!


I am automatically reminded that on the day of my departure from Maryland, March 31st, it will be the 8-year anniversary of my father's death. It seems like yesterday that I got the call I so dreaded. "Paw-Paw" as we so affectionately called him, had been very ill with complications from diabetes and Lupus and his health had been steadily declining. However, his death was quick -- a massive stroke, and for this reason only, I was thankful. Our family lost one of the most caring and giving individuals you could ever know and certainly one of the most wonderful "Paw Paw's" a grandchild could know. I feel so blessed that my children had the time with him that they did and I hope that his memory will forever be etched in their hearts.


SO on this also special day, I will fly into Memphis, rent a car and drive to Olive Branch to spend the evening with my dear friend, Connie. I will then drive to Oxford on Tuesday, Ross' birthday, to spend time with he, his brother and friends. I will drive down to Madison sometime late Wednesday afternoon to visit with my brother and his family, along with my other family members and friends. Then on Friday morning, I will drive back up to Oxford for one last visit with my boys and final hugs before heading back to Memphis airport for late night flight home to Maryland. It will be a quick trip, but worth every minute of it. I have been aching for a visit with Reid and Ross and to see their smiling faces. No one can describe the strong love a mother feels toward her children until she feels the pain of their abscence for an extended time. I have had a building of "pain" in my gut for the past few weeks of longing for their smiles, their hugs, and yes, even their complaints! God blessed me with two of the greatest gifts ever and I am so grateful.

I'm Mississippi Bound and ready!

1 comment: