Although this happened several weeks ago, I must include this in my blog since it's still hilarious to think about it. I also laugh as I write this 'cause I thought of all my many dear friends back home in MS when this happened. You just wouldn't believe this unless you were here (or in the original Pearl, MS area some 15 years ago).
The weather predictions for the week were gradually declining. We had gotten a small amount of snow on Wednesday, turned even cooler and more windy on Thursday, and then Friday became cloudy with sleet expected all day long and into the weekend. Airports along the East coast were closed/delayed, all schools out etc..... so you get the picture.
In preparation of Mike coming home on Friday from his business trip, I began cooking the night before to carry us through the weekend (yes, I cook almost every night!). In the middle of one recipe, I realized that I needed an item from the grocery and it was getting late, so I just grabbed my purse, Maggie and her blanket, and tore out the door. Normally this wouldn't have been a problem, but on this FINE night, I had already put on my "comfortable" clothes and bedroom slippers AND had taken out my contact and put on my glasses. I was one good looking woman!
I get to the local grocery just 2 blocks away and as I am jumping out of the car to run in, I realize that I have on my BEDROOM SLIPPERS. Oh shit, I thought, but too late. "Maybe, no one will notice", I thought. I ran on inside the store to then realize that I not only had forgotten to put on an overcoat, but I had on my gray pajama bottoms, hot pink pajama top (which do NOT go together as a set, by the way), NAVY fleece jacket that I wear around the house downstairs 'cause it's always cool down there, and some WHITE sport socks!!! The navy jacket is left over from a set I wore years ago, but dropped bleach on pants and had to throw them away.
NOW READ THIS AGAIN AND JUST IMAGINE WHAT I LOOKED LIKE. My only salvation was that my slippers were pink too, though not hot pink, so I guess that could count as a match!!! I just busted out laughing at myself as I entered the second set of automatic doors thinking ..."if my friends/family back home could see me now!" Would they still love me??
Girls, let me tell you.... Not one person took a second look at me. I was just as "normal" as everyone else there. The only thing I had on them was that I have better teeth and hair, of course! I have to just shake my head at all this.
WHAT WAS MIKE THINKING MOVING US HERE???? Like I've said before, our townhouse community and the one across the street are the ONLY nice areas of this entire town. And there are lots of yuppies and upper class families in these communities, but just about everyone works out of town. I rarely see anyone as they leave for work by 7 a.m. and don't get back until dark. Hilarious, but true.... sadly true!
Ok, just wanted to brighten your day and let you know how us Essex folks are living! ha ha I LOVE YOU; HAVE A GREAT DAY!
MY QUOTE OF THE DAY:
"Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the bitch up with cookies."
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That was hilarious!! I needed a good laugh. Miss you, Pammie
Post a Comment